Our meals are freshly cooked on site
Our school meals are freshly cooked within our own school kitchen. We operate a three choice menu and if your child has specific dietary needs there is every possibility that an alternative meal could be provided.
The school fully meets the requirements for universal free school meals for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Please make sure that your child knows what they would like to eat each day so that we can ensure that the cooks make sufficient numbers of meals of each type.
Whilst our lunch time staff will encourage children to eat their school meal, we do not want to force children to eat a meal, so please do look very carefully at the menu.
All school meals for the week must be booked (and paid for) in advance using our meal booking system on Parentmail. To access the system please click here
We are unable to accommodate daily requests for school meals. School meals cost £2.20 per day.
Spring and Summer Menu
Free School Meals
Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils' readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,320 for your child's primary school to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
To check if your child is eligible, we need information about you and your child. Please complete this online form