At Sutton Courtenay C of E Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding has enabled us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions ,enhance training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions and provide free of charge high quality sports clubs.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government has provided £150 million per annum since 2013 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, with money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Purpose of the funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
· Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers
· New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
· Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
· Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
· Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
· Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
· Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please look at the link to view how we used our PE funding for the academic years below