Things that have come up at home visits:
Term starts on Thursday 6th September.
Mrs Hunt and I (Mrs Potter) will meet you on the playground at 8:35.
(Pick up will be from the same place at 13:15)
- Remember our priority is your child in the morning so we may not have time to chat to adults as we want children to have the best settled start they can. If you need to discuss something please do go round to reception where Mrs Appleyard will be more than happy to help you.
Quick check - are you all ready?
* Uniform all named.
* PE bag named and full with t-shirt, shorts and indoor shoes?
* Have you filled in your forms - all in the pack given to you on our induction evening?
* Pop any forms filled in into your child's named book bag ready for their first day. If your child has done anything, they want to show such as their little pack then please put that in their book bag too.
* Although we do not encourage children to bring in toys, we do understand some children need a transitional object:
Some children have a little blanket that they feel safe with or it could be you think your child will be nervous so may need something to make them feel more confident. I would suggest giving your child a little something that can fit in their pocket. Explain that the little something wants to come to school too so could they look after it (little Lego figure, Sylvanian Families figure). Most items are placed into their pigeon holes for collection at the end of the day or used to comfort any children who feel they need a little bit of reassurance.
Oxford Mail visiting soon:
Every year the Oxford Mail come into all Reception classes across the county and take a picture of them as a class and busy in the classroom.
If you are happy for your child to be part of the photo, on Monday we will have a signup sheet. When it is published I normally tell the children they are famous for the day! Lovely momentum to keep and last year they allowed us to sell the new papers cheaper than the shops!